Sightseeing in Germany
Tourism and Culture
Different Forms of Tourism
- There are many places for tourists to visit:
- historic city centers: Regensburg, Würzburg, Goerlitz;
- museums: Pinakothek in Munich, museum island in Berlin;
- palaces : Sans-Souci at Potsdam, Charlottenburg in Berlin;
- cathedrals : Cologne, Berlin, Aachen;
- the banks of the Elbe;
- the remains of the Berlin wall.
- Operas, concert halls, theaters, festivals, museums, art galleries, open air cinema.
- Castles, parks and gardens
Near Berlin, at Potsdam, the park of Sans-Souci palace covers nearly 300 hectares. Also worth visiting is the zoological garden (Zoologischer Garten) in Berlin, the park of the palace of Nymphenburg in Munich and the Herrenhausen royal gardens in Hanover.
Altmühltal, Eifel, Saar Hunsrück, Schiefergebirge, the Swabian and Franconian forest, Schwalm-Nette, the Black Forest Center/North, Südeifel, the island of Usedom.
Eifel, Kellerwald-Edersee, Lakes of Schleswig-Holstein, Lakes of Hamburg, Lakes of Lower Saxony, Jasmund, Western Pomeranian Bodden Landscape Park, Müritz, Unteres Odertal, Harz, Hainich, Saxony Switzerland, Bavarian forest, Berchtesgaden.
- Aachen, Cologne Cathedral, Berliner Dom.
- Aquatic parks, health resorts and spas.
- Many lakes: Constance, Müritzsee, Chiemsee, Schwerin, Starnberg ; very big rivers: Rhine, Danube, Main, Weser and Elbe; the Baltic and North Sea coasts; the canals in Brandenburg and in Mecklenburg.
- Winter Sports
- The Bavarian Alps, Allgäu, Black Forest, Harz, Thuringe forest, and Saxony are all skiing areas. The highest summit is the Zugspitze 2962 m in the Bavarian Alps.
- Outdoor Activities
- Cycling, walking, canoeing, climbing, rollerblading.
- The biggest store in Germany is in Berlin: KaDeWe Kaufhaus of the West. Also in Berlin, do not miss Friedrichstrasse. All the large cities in Germany have pedestrian areas which offer a wide choice of stores.
|Top Highlights of the Capital City|
|Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church|
Individual and Civic Freedoms
- Political Freedom
- Civil Liberty
- Freedom of the Press
- The German media is free.
- World Ranking of Freedom of the Press According to "Reporters sans Frontières", 2009 report : 18/175
- Evolution: 2 places up compared to 2008
- For Further Information, Consult Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2009, Reporters Without Borders
- Free Access to the Internet
- Freedom of Assembly
- Rule of Law
- Personal Autonomy and Individual Rights
- Women's Condition
- Equality of status and freedom for women is written into the fundamental law. 54% of those enrolled at university are women. Between 65% and 73% of women work, depending on the region, but they often work part time and for a salary which is lower than that of men.
- For Further Information
- Ministry of the family, senior citizens, women and young people.
- Degree of Freedom
- Bible, Koran or Talmud. German fundamental law guarantees freedom of religion.
- Christians 62.5 % (Catholics 31.4 %, Protestants 31.1 %), Muslims 4 %, Jews 0.2 %.
- Role of Religion in Society
- Religion has little influence on everyday life and business. However, in some regions like Bavaria, religion is more present.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sightseeing in Germany!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related German companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: