Trade Compliance in Greece
- International Conventions
- Member of World Trade Organisation
Member of OECD
Party to the Kyoto Protocol
Party to the Washington Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora
Party to the Basel Convention on the Control of Transboundary Movements of Hazardous Wastes and Their Disposal
Party to the Montreal Protocol on Substances That Deplete the Ozone Layer
Party to the Wassenaar Arrangement on Export Controls For Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies
Party of the International Coffee Agreement 2001
- Party of the TIR Convention
As a Reminder, the TIR Convention and its Transit Regime Contribute to the Facilitation of International Transport, Especially International Road Transport, Not Only in Europe and the Middle East, But Also in Other Parts of the World, Such as Africa and Latin America.
The UNCTAD Website Allows You to Read the TIR Convention, See the List of Member Countries And to Find Further Information.
- Accompanying Documents For Imports
- Within the European Union, goods originating in the Community can move freely, and are exempt from Customs formalities.
The documents which have to accompany the goods when they are delivered inside the Community are the following:
- Bill of lading or airway bill
- Certificate of origin
- Commercial invoice
- Declaration of an antique
For a transaction outside the Community, you have to add:
- Import licenses
- Single Administrative Document (SAD)
- Health certificate
- Free Zones
- Greece has three free trade zones, located at the Piraeus, Thessaloniki, and Heraklion port areas. Goods of foreign origin may be brought into these zones without payment of customs duties or other taxes and remain free of all duties and taxes if subsequently trans-shipped or re-exported.
Documents relating to the receipt, storage, or transfer of goods within the zones are free from stamp taxes.
Handling operations are carried out according to EU regulations 2504/88 and 2562/90.
Transit goods may be held in the zones free of bond. The zones may be used for re-packing, sorting and re-labelling operations.
- For Further Information
- Greek Customs Office
Ministry of Economy and Finance
- Non Tariff Barriers
- In accordance with its European Union membership, Greece applies the European Union (EU) rules that are in force in all European Union countries. While the EU has a rather liberal foreign trade policy, there is a certain number of restrictions, especially on farm products, following the implementation of the CAP (Common Agricultural Policy): the application of compensations on import and export of farm products, aimed at favouring the development of agriculture within the EU, implies a certain number of control and regulation systems for the goods entering the EU territory.
Greece maintains nationality restrictions on a number of professional and business services, including legal advice. These restrictions do not apply to EU citizens. Visit this website for more information on trade barriers
- Assessment of Commercial Policy
- The WTO pages dedicated to Greece
Barriers to exchanges, inventoried by the United States
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Compliance in Greece!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Greek companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: