Sightseeing in Greece
Tourism and Culture
Different Forms of Tourism
- In Athenes : the Acropolis
- Péloponnèse : Mycènes, Epidaure, Olympie
- The Mount Athos
- The Cyclades : Mykonos, Thilos, Santorini
- The Dodécanèse islands : Rhodes
- For art and culture, visit the Greek National Tourism Organisation.
- Evros and Axios rivers, Mt Olympus, The Pindus Mountain. For further information visit the Greek National Tourism Organisation.
Monastery complex of Meteora
Monastery complex of Aghio Oros (Mount Athos)
Patmos : Monastery of Aghios Ioannis Theologos and the Cave of the Apocalypse
For further information visit the Greek National Tourism Organisation
- There are many spas all over the country.
Discover the fabulous beaches of Greece and the Greek Islands, just one of the many reasons that Greece is one of the most spectacular destinations on the planet. There are volcanic red, black, and white sand beaches, pebble beaches, crystal clear blue Aegean waters and interesting covers to explore.
For sea tourism (including water sports, cruises, yachts, marinas) please click here
- Winter Sports
- Over the past decades skiing has witnessed a spectacular rise in popularity among Greeks. At present, 19 ski resorts operate on the mainland meeting modern standards, which lend themselves to the development of winter tourism and are particularly popular with both Greek and foreign visitors.
- Outdoor Activities
- Rambling, Diving, Bicycle touring, Golf
|Top Highlights of the Capital City|
|Athens Concert Hall|
|Top Highlights of the Country|
|Minoan Palace of Knossos, Herakleion|
|Mykonos & Delos islands|
|Thessaloniki Archaeological Museum|
Individual and Civic Freedoms
- Political Freedom
- Civil Liberty
- Freedom of the Press
World Ranking of Freedom of the Press According to "Reporters sans Frontières", 2009 report : 35/175
Evolution: 2 places down compared to 2008
- For Further Information, Consult Worldwide Press Freedom Index 2009, Reporters Without Borders
- Free Access to the Internet
- Freedom of Assembly
- Rule of Law
- Widespread. Greece, as the birthplace of democracy, attributes fundamental important to the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms, the consolidation of democratic institutions and the rule of law.
- Personal Autonomy and Individual Rights
- Grrece supports the universality, indivisibility and interdependence between individual civil rights, on the one hand, and economic, social and cultural rights, on the other. Furthermore, Greece considers respect for human rights, the promotion of democracy and the rule of law to be intertwined with peace, justice, security, stability, the eradication of poverty and cohesive socio-economic development.
- Women's Condition
- Women in Greece have legal equality.
- For Further Information
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Degree of Freedom
- The Constitution establishes the Eastern Orthodox Church of Christ (Greek Orthodoxy) as the "prevailing" religion, but also provides for the right of all citizens to practice the religion of their choice. However, while the Government generally respects this right, non-Orthodox groups sometimes face administrative obstacles or encounter legal restrictions on religious practice. The Constitution prohibits proselytizing and stipulates that no rite of worship may disturb public order or offend moral principles.
Ortodoxe Christians: 98%
- Role of Religion in Society
98% of the Greek population celebrate the Orthodox religion while Muslim, Roman Catholic and Jewish make up most of the remaining religions.
The Greek Orthodox Church in Greece is a rich religion characterized by festivals and Saints days throughout the year. Food plays a key role in Greek society particularly in respect of their Orthodox religion with fasting and feasting throughout the religious calendar in Greece.
There is no doubt that the Greek Orthodox religion plays a very important role in the lives of its people. The visitor to Greece will be welcomed into their celebrations and cannot fail to feel the spirit of their religion as expressed by their festivals.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sightseeing in Greece!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Greek companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: