Investment Incentives in Hong Kong SAR
Hong Kong: Investing
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- Hong Kong government encourages foreign investments, specially projects which are aimed to introduce new or improved products and services on the territory. However, there are no direct incentives for foreign investment because in the opinion of the government, Hong Kong already offers very attractive advantages, as its infrastructures, tax system, skilled manpower, a strategic position. Invest Hong Kong is the Agency for International investment promotion and provides plenty of information in this regard.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- Hong Kong is a free port.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- The low tax rates and territorial basis of taxation adopted by Hong Kong are in themselves major incentives to foreign investors. Other incentives include: Share trading profits derived by non-resident investors trading through share brokers in Hong Kong are exempt from profits tax; scientific research expenditure, including payments to an approved research institute and payments for technical education, qualify as allowable deductions; Profits derived by a professional reinsurer from the business of reinsuring offshore risks will be entitled to a 50% reduction in the profits tax rate. For more information, consult Invest HK.
- Useful Links
Invest in HK
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Hong Kong SAR!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: