Industrial Standards in Hong Kong SAR
- National Standards Organizations
Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC)
- Integration in the International Standards Network
International Standards Organisation(ISO),
International Electronic Commission (IEC).
Pacific Area Standards Congress (PAS)
- Obligation to Use Standards
- Most of the standards are optional. Some of those which deal with health or safety are obligatory and are imposed by law or regulations. As per the OMC agreement on technical trade barriers, Hong Kong's policy is to use international standards as much as possible and align national standards with suitable international standards.
- Assessment of the System of Standardization
- Standardization ensures best quality of life : the standards can satisfy the requirements of the consumers and importers and be used as a guideline for a company which wants to sell quality products.
- Online Consultation of Standards
- List of different standards on the ITC website.
- Certification Organizations
List of different organisations
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Hong Kong’s policy, in accordance with the World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade, is to adhere to international standards to the maximum extent possible.
U.S. Commercial Service Poland on 29 Mar 2010 related to Industrial Standards in Hong Kong SAR
U.S. Department Of Commerce, Hong Kong SAR