Employees in Hong Kong SAR
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- Between 40 and 48 hours
- Maximum Duration
Working hours a day: 8 hours (between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. only).
Working hours: a week: 48 hours.
- Night Hours
- After 1900 hrs.
- Working Rest Day
- One rest day per week.
- Paid Annual Vacation
As per the work contract. 12 days of holiday are compulsory.
- Retirement Age
- There is no legal age for retirement, but the average age is around 62 years.
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
- Informal Labor Market
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- There is no legal minimum wage.
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings in Hong Kong is HKD 11.000 (USD 1.400)
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Rest Days Worked
- Pay For Overtime at Night
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
International hiring and doing business abroad comes with an increased risk. International background screening helps managers minimize the threat.
Wymoo International, LLC on 3 Aug 2012 related to Employees in Hong Kong SAR
Due Diligence & Investigations,
Company Incorporation, Singapore