Communications in Hong Kong SAR
- Official Language
- The official languages of Hong Kong are English and Cantonese.
- Other Languages Spoken
- Chinese Mandarin is getting more and more importance.
- Business Language
- English is the most widely used language within the Hong Kong government, legal system and commercial sectors.
- Free Translation Tools
Babel Fish Translation : Translation of texts and Web pages
- Quality of Communications
- Means of communication in Hong Kong are excellent where mobile telephony and broadband Internet are very widespread.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Hong Kong, Dial 001
To Make a Call to in Hong Kong, Dial +852
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- GSM ; UMTS ; CDMA ; PCS
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- CSL ; New World ; Smartone-Vodafone ; Sunday People ; CITIC Telecom 1616;Hutchison Telecom / 3 (3G) ; CSL 3GSmarTone Mobile Comms / Smartone-Vodafone ; China Unicom (MVNO) ; China Motion Telecom ; New World PCS ; China Mobile Peoples Telephone Company ; SMT (UMTS) ; PCCW Mobile (PCCW Ltd)
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- Access in Public Places
- There are more than 200 cybercafes and 256 internet access providers in Hong Kong.
- Access in Hotels
- 95% of the commercial and residential buildings provide high bandwidth Internet access.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Hong Kong SAR!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: