Dining in Hong Kong SAR
|Economy Meal||10-50 HKD|
|Medium Price Meal||50-120 HKD|
|Good Quality Meal||120-250 HKD|
- Food Specialties
Hong Kong's cuisine is Chinese, with some specialities.
The hundred year eggs : a popular dish found in Hong Kong's cuisine. The eggs age for two or more months, in a mixture of lime-rich mud, tea, ash and sodium bicarbonate. Their meat become translucent, bluish-green in colour. They are often included in hors-d'oeuvres (appetizers).
Spring rolls : small flatbreads stuffed with rice. The stuffing depends on the available ingredients, preferences of the cook, etc. In total, you can have what you want, from simple to complex.
Spareribs in black bean sauce: a very tasty pork dish .
- A wide choice of drinks is usually available, nearly always including yuenyeung, a popular preparation of tea and coffee (), cocoa with lemon-coated ginger. THe orders are usually given on a notepad at your table and you pay in cash at the time of leaving.
- Dietary Restrictions
- There are no food restrictions in the country.
- Table Manners
- Be rather relaxed in Hong Kong, although there are some etiquette rules. If in doubt, observe what others do. For sitting at the table, wait till you are offered a seat, and preferably wait till your host has started to eat or invites you to start the meal. As in China, the dishes are most often laid at the center of the table on a turn-table and it will be acceptable to taste everything. It is common to use chopsticks but as a foreigner it is alright to ask for a fork and knife. In South China as in Hong Kong, it may be common to wash the chopsticks and bowl (serving dish) with tea offered on the table. Wait and observe before drinking this tea because it is for cleaning and not to be served as a drink.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Hong Kong SAR!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: