Employees in Hungary
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 40 hours per week
- Maximum Duration
- 60 hours per week
- Night Hours
- Work carried out between 22 hours and 6 hours is classified as night work.
- Working Rest Day
- A 48 hours rest period is required during any seven day period.
- Paid Annual Vacation
- The standard number of days of annual leave is 21. The amount of days of holiday will increase according to your age. The older you are the more days of holiday you get. Example: 21 days from age 25, 22 days from age 28, 23 days from age 31, 24 days from age 33, 25 days from age 35, etc.
- Retirement Age
- 20 years in service and minimum 62 years.
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
- The law protects children from exploitation in the workplace. Children under 16 are prohibited from working, except under certain conditions, such as temporary work during school vacations for those between 14 and 16. Children may not work night shifts, overtime, or at hard physical labor.
- Informal Labor Market
- Quite important especially on construction sites and cash related jobs (hairdresser, plumber, etc).
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- 65.500 HUF (262 EUR) in 2007
- Average Wage
- Average monthly gross earnings in Hungary is HUF 191,930 (USD 1,000).
- Other Forms of Pay
- Pay For Overtime
- +25% - 50% depending on the overtime
- Pay For Rest Days Worked
- According to collective agreements
- Pay For Night Hours
- Pay For Overtime at Night
- Like overtime
Social Security Costs
- The Areas Covered
The Hungarian social insurance system contains the following elements:
- Health service (although there is a public healthcare system, private health insurance is considered very important by Hungarians. Many foreigners living/working in Hungary invest in private healthcare cover or negotiate cover as part of their employment conditions.)
- Social care
- Family and Child welfare
- Pensions and assistances
- Unemployment assistance
Contributions Paid By the Employer: Medical insurance 1950 HUF
social security 11%
pension insurance 18%
unemployment insurance 3%
training contribution 1,5%
Contributions Paid By the Employee: Social security is paid by employees at the follow amounts: pension contribution: 8.5%, health care contribution: 4%, Unemployment contribution: 1%.
- Competent Organization
Social and Employment MInistry
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Hungary!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Hungarian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: