Accounting in Hungary
- Accounting Standards
- Hungarian Accounting Standards are currently set by the Ministry of Finance and are incorporated in the Act on Accounting. The Act on Accounting includes very detailed accounting requirements based on the Fourth and Seventh EU Company Law Directives and IFRS.
- Accounting Regulation Bodies
Hungarian Chamber of Auditors
PSZÁF, Hungarian Financial Supervisory Authority
- Accounting Law
- You can consult the Hungarian accounting system.
- Difference Between National and International Standards (IAS/IFRS)
There has been a substantial effort in Hungary to reduce the differences between Hungarian Accounting Standards and IFRS but some significant differences remain. Specific differences between Hungarian Accounting Standards and IFRS include:
Capitalization of foreign exchange losses, capitalization of intangible assets or the deferral of similar costs.
- Accounting News
Tax and accounting law - only available in Hungarian
- Tax Year
- The fiscal year begins on January 1st and ends on December 31st of the same year.
- Accounting Reports
- The balance sheet is presented into accounts with liabilities composed of constant capital and debts, because there is a distinction between long and short-term debts. The profit and loss account gives priority to the repository of the global production and lets the choice of the cost classification either by nature or by function.
- Publication Requirements
- Companies have to produce a balance sheet, a profit and loss account and an appendix. Publications are annual.
- Accountants associations have some difficulties to get organized, because of the importance of the State in the accounting system.
- Professional Accountancy Bodies
Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC)
- The Chamber of Hungarian Auditors is a member.
- Member of Other Federation of Accountants
- Member of The Federation of European Accountants.
- Audit Bodies
- The external control of the accounts must be given to a body of external auditors chosen by the company. Access the Chamber of Hungarian AuditorsChamber of Hungarian Auditors
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Accounting in Hungary!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Hungarian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: