Customs in Hungary
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Import Procedures
- For goods that are less than 1000kg or a worth less than 1000 EUR a verbal declaration at customs upon presentation of the invoice is sufficient. For values that are superior you need to present at customs the fololwing: a summarizing declaration (air or sea transport) in order to register the goods; a common law declaration (UAD - unique administration document) with all the necessary documents for clearing customs. The UAD documents can be obtained at the chamber of commerce.
- Specific Import Procedures
- Consult the Hungarian customs and finance guard website.
- Importing Samples
- ATA carnet can be used. Please mark that this is a free sample with no commercial value.
Customs Duties and Taxes on Imports
- Average Customs Duty (Excluding Agricultural Products)
- Products Having a Higher Customs Tariff
- Exporters shall refer to the TARIC code and its database, which includes all applicable customs duties and all customs trade policy measures for all the goods.
- Preferential Rates
- On goods that come from countries with whom Hungary and the EU have commercial agreements.
- Customs Classification
- Method of Calculation of Duties
- Ad valorem on the CIF value of the goods, in accordance with the Common Customs Tariff (CCT).
- Method of Payment of Customs Duties
- By bank transfer, cash upon entry. Delayed payment can be obtained via different credit systems.
- Import Taxes (Excluding Consumer Taxes)
- To get further information on VAT rates, please check the list of VAT rates applied within the European Union.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Experts Views (1)
Find the related Hungarian companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
U.S. Department of Commerce, Italy