Dining in Hungary
- Categories of Restaurant
- A borozó, a sörözo, or an eszpresszó.
- A type of bar
- Kávéház, cukrázda.
- Coffee place where they also serve cakes, pastries.
- Offers local specialties with a traditional atmosphere.
- vendéglÅ?, kisvendéglÅ?
- A small, informal inn.
- Real restaurant.
- Rules For Eating Out
- Restaurants are open all day, from 11 am till 11-12 pm. They serve food all the way through .More and more often tips are included on the bill, in this case just leave the change, if not a tip of 10% is expected to be left.
|Economy Meal||5€ / head|
|Medium Price Meal||8€ / head|
|Good Quality Meal||+11 € / head|
- Food Specialties
- Halászlé: a spicy soup made with freshwater fish and paprika;
- Gulyás - Hungarian goulash is a hearty beef, capsicum and paprika soup;
- Western goulash is called pörkölt or tokány;
- Gundel palacsinta: pancake served with walnuts, raisins, lemon rind, chocolate sauce and rum;
- Paprikás csirke: paprika chicken;
- Kolbasz: sausage spiced with paprika.
- Tokaji: strong dessert wine;
- Bull’s Blood: strong red wine;
- Pálinka: brandy;
- Unicum(herb liqueur).
- Dietary Restrictions
- Table Manners
- Same as in Western Europe.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Hungary!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Hungarian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: