Investment Incentives in India
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- Several measures and incentives, to attract investments into the country: Tax holiday, tax concessions, and import of capital goods at concessional customs duty, Special Economic Zones (SEZs), bilateral investment protection agreements with investing countries; etc.
- Privileged Domains
- Power, ports, highways, electronics and software, scientific R&D, manufacturing of energy-saving, environmental-protection and pollution-control equipment.
- Privileged geographical sectors
- Consult the list of the Special Economic Zones (SEZ) in India.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- Deductions are available for capital expenditure. Setting up in a special economic zone and export processing zone attract exemption of tax on export profits. Other tax “holydays” are available based on industries (in particular scientific research) and regions. For more information on tax incentive programs you can consult the Investment Promotion and International Cooperation and the India Brand Equity Foundation.
- Useful Links
Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB)
Foreign Investment Implementation Authority (FIIA)
Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion
India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
The Indian Govt can pay attention to one of the most underperforming sectors; Infrastructure, to maintain and sustain long term growth with its rising forex reserves, giving rise to a rising spiral of good infrastructure and economic growth and good infrastructure.
Jina Saha, The Cathedral Vidya School, Pune on 16 Mar 2010 related to Investment Incentives in India
Igcse/ Ibdp Eco & Tok Teacher, India