Immigration in India
Passport and Visa Requirements
- Passport and Visa Service
Ministry of External Affairs
- For Further Information
Indian Missions Abroad
Taxes and Restrictions On Persons When Going Through Customs
- Taxation On Persons
- 200 cigarettes or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco (only for passengers above 17 years)
- 2 liters of liquors or wines (only for passengers above 18 years)
- 60ml of perfume and 250ml of eau de toilette
- Foreign Currency
- No restrictions
- Obligatory Declaration of Foreign Currency
When the value of foreign currency notes exceeds
5000 USD /- or equivalent
When the aggregate value of foreign exchange (in the form of currency notes, bank notes, traveler cheques, etc.) exceeds 10,000 USD /- or its equivalent.
- Local Currency
Import of local currency is prohibited.
Export of local currency is also prohibited, except for passengers proceeding to Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However Indian residents when they go abroad are allowed to take with them Indian currency not exceeding 5,000 INR.
- How to Refund Consumption Tax
- System yet to be implemented by Indian government.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Immigration in India!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: