Communications in India
- Official Language
- Hindi (spoken by more than 50% of the country’s population) and English.
- Other Languages Spoken
- 17 regional languages are recognized by the Constitution of India, which include Bengali, Gujarati, Oriya, Punjabi, Telegu, Kannada, Malayalam and Marathi. Muslims largely speaks Urdu.
- Business Language
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Free Translation Tools
Shabdkosh : Hindi-English-Hindi free dictionary (46,000 terms)
- Quality of Communications
The use of mobile phones and internet is widely developed. Roaming agreements exist with most international mobile phone companies. Public telephones are accessible everywhere.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From India, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in India, Dial +91
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
+ 0 + 2-4 digits corresponding to regional codes + local city/town numbers.
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- Both CDMA and GSM
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- AirTel, Reliance Infoecom, Idea cellular, Vodafone (earlier HUTCH), BSNL/MTNL.
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- BSNL, AirTel, Sify, Tata Internet Services, Reliance, Netcom, Hathway.
- Access in Public Places
- Internet cafes with Wi-Fi connection facilities spread across the country.
- Access in Hotels
- Easily accessible from most of the large and medium sized hotels operating across the country.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in India!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: