Travel Security in India
- Obligatory Vaccination and Other Recommendations
No obligatory vaccinations.Vaccinations against Poliomyelitis, Meningococcal meningitis, Rabies, Cholera are recommended.
Risk of malaria exists. Other diseases like Dengue fever are present . H5N1 avian influenza has been identified among birds in this country.
Water used for drinking, brushing teeth or making ice should have first been boiled or otherwise sterilized. Milk should be boiled incase unpasteurised or otherwise also
- For Further Information
The World Health Organization web pages devoted to India
The American government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Petty crime is common, particularly in trains and buses. Pickpockets can be very adept.
Air travelers are advised to carefully watch their bags in the arrival and departure areas outside the airports. However crime, especially directed against foreigners, has traditionally been uncommon.
- Terrorist Risk
There is high risk of terrorist attacks in the country (Islamic extremist groups are active)
Religious violence is also likely to cause disruption.
- Risk of Natural Disaster
- River floods are the most frequent natural disasters faced by the country. Shortfall in the rainfall causes droughts in many parts of the country. The country has also faced some severe earthquakes. India is also prone to very severe cyclonic formations in the Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- Traveling Women Conditions
- Foreigner women are cautioned not to travel alone in India as there have been incidents of physical harassment (including rape) by groups of men.
- For Further Information
The Current Travel Warnings given by the American State Department
Travel Report on India by Canadian Foreign Office
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Travel Security in India!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: