Business Travel in India
- Passport and Visa Service
Ministry of External Affairs
- Diplomatic Representations
Indian Missions Abroad
Organizing Your Trip
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- Taxis and auto-rickshaws are available in large cities and fares are charged by the kilometer.
Most of the drivers can understand English, though not all can speak English.
A metro system is operational in Kolkata.
A metro system was opened in Delhi in 2004. It is spreading its network to reach sub-urban districts like NOIDA, Gurgoan and Faridabad.
- Maps of Urban Networks
Map of Kolkata Metro available on the site of Metro Railways Kolkata
Map of Delhi Metro available on the site of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Mumbai - Chhatrapati Shivaji Intl (BOM)||37 km / 23 miles||INR 475||INR 50-60 / 60-90 min||-||Available|
|Calcutta - Dum Dum (CCU)||17 km / 11 miles||INR 135-200 / 40-120 min||INR 8||INR 2-6||Available|
|Delhi - Indira Gandhi Intl (DEL)||15 km / 9 miles||INR 220 / 30-60 min||INR 50||-||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- Air routes connects over 70 cities.
There are also ships from Kolkata (Calcutta) and Chennai (Madras) to Port Blair in the Andaman Islands( Shipping Corporation of India). and from Kochi and Calicut to the Lakshadweep Islands.
There is a catamaran service from Mumbai (Bombay) to Goa.
The Indian internal railway system covers much of the country and is relatively inexpensive.
An extensive network of bus services connects all parts of the country.
A large number of chauffeur-driven tourist cars are available in the main tourist centers.
- Rail Companies
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- One must be very cautious when driving because of the bad condition of the roads and chaotic character of the traffic.
Driving around India is not recommended. Moreover self-drive cars are not generally available in the country. It is recommended to have a licensed and experienced local driver who has a "feel" for local roads and driving conditions.
The third party insurance liability is compulsory.
- Road Maps
Maps of India
- Find an Itinerary
Make my trip
Different Forms of Tourism
- Delhi: testimony of the Muslim time.
Agra: testimony of the Moghols times: the Taj Mahal and the fort of Agra. The Taj Mahal, became the tourist symbol of India.
Goa: Former Portuguese enclave on the Western coast, gained its tourist reputation in the 60s, at the height of the hippy period.
- Rich cultural heritage and an element of mysticism. Various fairs and festivals: Pushkar fair, Taj Mahotsav, and Suraj Kund mela. Rajasthan, Udaipur (the most romantic city). Is famous to be the centre of theater, dance, painting and art craft activities. Some Indian sites are UNESCO World Heritage Sites, consult the website Unesco
- Rich forest cover with some beautiful and exotic species of wildlife: Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary, Keoladeo Ghana National Park, and Corbett National Park.
For ecotourism in India, tourists can go to places such as Kaziranga National Park, Gir National Park, and Kanha National Park.
- Vaishno Devi, Golden temple, Char Dham, and Mathura Vrindavan.
Varanasi (formerly Bénarès): the holiest of the holy cities. The Indian pilgrims come to bath in the waters of the Ganges, supposed to wash all the sins. The most sacred is the Manikarnika Ghat; you will be able to attend cremations, but leave your cameras in your hotel. Go sit down in Dasawamedh Ghat to observe ablutions.
- Variety of beaches : Goa, Kovalam, Puri, Mahabalipuram, and Andaman & Nicobar.
- Winter Sports
- Winter sports in India bring out the best of adventure in Indian outdoors: Skiing, Heli-Skiing, Mountaineering, Ice Climbing etc.
- Outdoor Activities
- Camel safaris, Rock climbing, Trekking, River Rafting, Para Gliding, Camping, Biking & Cycling, Golf.
For trekking: Ladakh, Sikkim, and Himalaya. For skiing: Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir Tourists flock to Uttranchal, Assam, and Arunachal Pradesh for whitewater rafting . Visit: India Adventure.
- From the semi precious stone to a trendy leather shoe, Indian market is the ultimate destination for the shoppers around the world.
|Top Highlights of the Capital City|
|1. Rashtrapati Bhawan|
|2. India Gate|
|3. Akshardham Temple (Delhi)|
|4. Appu Ghar|
|5. Qutub Minar|
|6. Red Fort|
|7. Parliament House|
|8. Laxminarayan Temple|
|9. Bahá'í House of Worship (Lotus Temple)|
|10. Raj Ghat|
Health and Safety
- Health Precautions
- No obligatory vaccinations.Vaccinations against Poliomyelitis, Meningococcal meningitis, Rabies, Cholera are recommended.
Risk of malaria exists. Other diseases like Dengue fever are present . H5N1 avian influenza has been identified among birds in this country.
Water used for drinking, brushing teeth or making ice should have first been boiled or otherwise sterilized. Milk should be boiled incase unpasteurised or otherwise also
- International Hospitals
- International hospitals are not allowed to operate directly in India, but some of the private hospitals have tied up with international hospitals for technology & services transfer. Some of the hospitals of international standard operating in India are:
- For Further Information on Sanitary Conditions
The World Health Organization web pages devoted to India
The American government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- For Further Information on Safety Conditions
The Current Travel Warnings given by the American State Department
Travel Report on India by Canadian Foreign Office
|Telephone assistance in English or Hindi or Regional Language||197|
Time Difference and Climate
- Time and Time Difference
- It is %T:%M %A In New Delhi (GMT+5:30)
- Summer Time Period
Map of the Time Zone
- Type of Climate
- India has broadly three seasons: warm, wet and cool. Heat begins to rise in the plains of the North in February and becomes unbearable in April - May. The monsoon appear towards the end of May in the South, then heads to the North, then covers the whole country in the first week of July till the end of October. There are even some cold nights in December - January. The extreme South remains warm all year long.
Autumn and Winter are undoubtedly the best times to visit India.
- For Further Information
Average Annual Temperatures and Rainfall
- Food Specialties
- IEach region in the country has its own cuisine and style of preparation.
Food is broadly categorized into six tastes - sweet, sour, salty, spicy, bitter and astringent. Side dishes and condiments are chutneys, curries, daals and Indian picklesl.
Milk-based desserts and gulab jamuns are popular.
Tea (often ready-brewed with milk and sugar unless ‘tray tea" is specified) and coffee are most widely drunk. Butter-milk (called ‘lasi’ in Hindi ) is a popular drink in the Northern parts of the country.All forms of alcoholic drinks including wine are easily available in the country. Large quantity of beer is produced & consumed within the country.
- Dietary Restrictions
- The left hand is considered unclean and to use the left hand when eating or receiving food is considered vulgar and unclean.
Hindus consider the cow as sacred and never eat beef. Muslims consider the pig unclean and never eat pork. If they are not on the menu then one would not ask for them for risk of offending the restaurateur.
- Domestic Currency
- Indian Rupee
- ISO Code
- To Obtain Domestic Currency
- The import of local currency is prohibited. Currency can be changed at banks, airports or authorized money changers.
ATMs are easily accessible and are open 24x7.
- Possible Means of Payment
- Payment is usually in cash. All major credit cards like American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and Visa are also widely accepted.
Traveller cheques are widely accepted and may be changed at banks and larger hotels.
- Official Language
- Hindi (spoken by more than 50% of the country’s population) and English.
- Other Languages Spoken
- 17 regional languages are recognized by the Constitution of India, which include Bengali, Gujarati, Oriya, Punjabi, Telegu, Kannada, Malayalam and Marathi. Muslims largely speaks Urdu.
- Business Language
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Free Translation Tools
Shabdkosh : Hindi-English-Hindi free dictionary (46,000 terms)
- To Find an Accommodation
Hotels in India
Youth Hostels Association
Federation of Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India
- To Find an Apartment
- To Find a Job
The Directorate General of Employment and Training (DGET)
Central Employment Exchange, Delhi
Naurkri.com (a web-based private job site in India)
MonsterIndia.com (a web-based private job site in India)
JobsAhead.com (a web-based private job site in India)
Careerjet (an employment search engine for India)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
The guide addresses practical aspects of doing business in India like access to reliable information and who to contact for personal and business assistance while in Bengaluru, India.
Entry India, LLC on 22 Nov 2010 related to Business Travel in India
the home of award winning freelance graphic designer, Photographer and web designer in Ahmedabad, India. I am highly experienced with nearly 19 years of working in design industry..
uk design studio on 13 Sep 2015 related to Business Travel in India
GTP India Cultural Training: Managing Cultural Differences In India
GTP - Global Training Partners Singapore on 6 Jul 2015 related to Business Travel in India
Graphic Design Agency, Expert in Logo & Packaging, the United StatesGraphic Design Agency, providing creative services for established and entrepreneurial brands, businesses. We...
Cross Cultural Intercultural Training Singapore
Business Expansion, India