Immigration in Indonesia
Accommodations (2) , Daily Life (7) , Education (3) , Employment (1) , Expatriate Community (2) , Healthcare (2) , Immigration (1)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
Passport and Visa Requirements
- Passport and Visa Service
Visa Information of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- For Further Information
List of Indonesian embassies and diplomatic representation abroad
Taxes and Restrictions On Persons When Going Through Customs
- Taxation On Persons
- Passengers on an international or domestic flight must pay an airport tax of 100 000 Rp and 11 000 Rp respectively.
- To enter Indonesia, each adult is allowed to carry a maximum of 200 cigarettes, or 50 cigars, or 100 grams of tobacco.
- A maximum of 1 liter of alcoholic drinks.
- A reasonable amount of perfume, for personal use only, is allowed.
- Foreign Currency
- No restrictions.
- Obligatory Declaration of Foreign Currency
- Above 100 000 000 Rp (about 7 700 EUR).
- Local Currency
- A maximum of 5 000 000 Rp.
- Obligatory Declaration of Local Currency
- If you have more than 5 000 000 Rp you need to fill in the Declaration of bank notes drawn up by the Central Bank. For amounts over 10 000 000 Rp, you must have an authorization from the Central Bank.
- How to Refund Consumption Tax
- A VAT refund is given to those who use imported input to produce for export.
- Other Requirements
- Gifts up to a value of 250 USD are allowed. You must declare cameras on arrival. Video cameras, radio-cassette players, binoculars and sports equipment can be imported if they are exported on departure. Films, video cassettes, laser video disks, disks and software must be examined by the board of censors. Arms and munitions are prohibited as are over-the-counter medicines, televisions and other electronic equipment, fresh fruit, Chinese publications and medicines, and any pornographic material.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
Cross Cultural Intercultural Training Singapore