Supply Chain in Indonesia
- Export taxes have been introduced for untreated skins, tanned leather and coal. It is prohibited to export timber, certain live fishing products, inferior quality rubber, rubber materials, untreated reptile skins, iron waste and scrap (except if it comes from the island of Batam), bark and wood chips, and animals and wild plants protected by the CITES and (until January 2007) urea, sand, rice, exports to Israel.
- Export Taxes
- In 2005, the government imposed duties on exports of untreated skins (25%), on white tanned leather (15%) and coal (5%).
- Export Clearance
- Exporters are exempted from import duties, VAT and tax on luxury products for materials and intermediate products used in manufacturing goods destined for abroad.
- Necessary Declaration
- Gold dust, ingots or bars must be inspected. Distinct licenses are required to export products to an importing country which fixes quotas on them, or which are linked to oil, and exporters of timber must give seven days' notice to the official Indonesian organization of export surveillance (Sucofindo), which carries out an inspection on the basis of the Harmonized System (HS).
Controlling the Quality of the Products
- Quality Control Organizations
National standardization institute (BSN)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Supply Chain in Indonesia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: