Domestic Transportation in Indonesia
Means of Transport Recommended in Town
- To travel around Jakarta, taxis give the most comfortable service. The Blue Bird and Silver Bird companies are the most recommended ones.
- Maps of Urban Networks
UT Library on line
- Urban Transport Agencies
National company DAMRI
- Find an Itinerary
Interactive map of Jakarta
- Taxi Companies
Transportation From Airport to City Centre:
|Jakarta Soekarno - Hatta Intl (CGK)||30 km / 18 miles||IDR 150.000 / 45 min||IDR 15.000 / 30 min.||-||Available|
|Bandung (BDO)||4 km / 2 miles||IDR 65 000||-||-||-|
|Surabaya (SUB)||16 km / 10 miles||IDR 80 000||IDR 8000.||-||Available|
Means of Transport Recommended in the Rest of the Country
- Indonesia is well served by airlines. Buses, and in Java the train, are also practical.
- Rail Companies
Website of PT Kereta Api
|Name||Type||Domestic Flights||International Flights|
|Adam Air||Low cost||Yes|
|Batavia air||Low cost||Yes|
|Indonesia Air Asia||Low cost||Yes|
|Lion Air||Low cost||Yes|
|Sriwijaya Air||Low cost||Yes|
|Wings Air||Low cost||Yes|
You Can Consult the List of Airlines Banned Within the EU. Look Also at the rating of the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
Traveling By Yourself
- The roads and highways are jammed but they are generally in good condition. In the event of an accident with corporal damage, the police must be called. A car insurance is not compulsory, but it is better to subscribe to an insurance policy covering your liability as much as someone else's. It is strongly recommended that you hire a car with driver.
- Driver's License
- A tourist must have an international driver's license, recognized for one year if it has been stamped by the local police. A resident must have a local driver's license. You have to show your national license and your passport with residence visa to the KOMDAK.
- Conditions For Renting a Vehicle
- The international driver's license is required.
- Rental Agencies
Avis rent a car
Astra rent a car
Indomobil car rental
- Tolls or Taxes
- The list of tollbooths is available here or here.
- Road Maps
Maps of the main cities
- Find an Itinerary
Link to detailed maps of the Indonesian provinces
- Traffic Conditions Online
Information on the state of the traffic in Jakarta
- Parking Facilities
- It is easy to find guarded parking places for a modest price. http://www.pu.go.id/
Rules of the Road
- Minimum Driving Age
- The minimum age is 17.
- Side of the Road For Driving
- You drive on the left.
- Speed Limits
- 60 km/h, no limit outside urban areas or off motorways.
- Safety Belts
- Seat belts are compulsory.
- Permitted Amount of Alcohol in the Blood
- The Highway Code stipulates that driving is prohibited if your state does not allow you to drive normally because you are under the influence of alcohol.
- National Roads Organizations
Ministry of Transport
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
The best time for an initial business trip is September through June, as school holidays and vacation time in the summer months can impact the availability of many business people.
U.S. Commercial Service Poland on 3 Mar 2010 related to Domestic Transportation in Indonesia
Cross Cultural Intercultural Training Singapore
U.S. Department Of Commerce, Indonesia