Investment Incentives in Ireland
Incentives or guarantees
- Forms of Aid
- Ireland retains significant scope to grant investment aid under a new Regional Aid Map approved by the European Commission for the period 2007-2013. Further information on the website of the Department of enterprise, trade and employment.
- Privileged Domains
- The Border Midlands and West Region are classified as “economic development regions” and qualified for regional aid throughout 2007-2013. The South East sub-region (Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny, Carlow and Tipperary South) is also qualified for regional aid throughout 2007-2013 on the basis of unemployment criteria specified by the European Commission.
- Privileged geographical sectors
- Consult the list of privileged geographical zones on the website of enterprise, trade and employment.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
The Shannon duty-free Processing Zone: companies operating in the Shannon Free Zone are entitled to the following benefits: goods imported from non-EU countries for storage, handling or processing are duty-free; no duty on goods exported from Shannon to non- EU countries; no time limit on disposal of goods held duty-free; minimum customs documentation and formalities; no Value Added Tax (VAT) on imported goods, including capital equipment; choice of having import duty on non-EU product calculated on its landing value or selling-out price.
Foreign-owned firms in the Shannon Free Zone have the same investment opportunities as indigenous Irish companies. Duty-free exemptions are available also to companies operating in Ireland's major deepwater port at Ringaskiddy in County Cork..
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
- A low corporation tax rate regime of 10% on trading profits applied to specified manufacturing companies until 31 December 2010. There are incentives in relation to patents and intellectual property, as well as generous research and development credits. For more information on tax incentives you can consult the Industrial Development Agency of Ireland (IDA Ireland).
- Useful Links
Arthur Cox (corporate and business law, expertise in mergers, acquisitions and corporate finance).
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Ireland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Irish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: