Sales Representative in Ireland
- Main Actors
- BWG Food limited, Gilmartin's, Leydens limited, M&P O'Sullivan, Cox's
- Useful Resources
Using a Commercial Agent
- The Advantages
- More realistic for a small or medium enterprise as concerns marketing strategy. Consumer goods are best sold through a distributor carrying stock for immediate delivery and sale, whereas capital goods and industrial equipment are more effectively marketed through a commissioned agent.
- Elements of Motivation
- Regular communications and visits to a newly appointed representative in Ireland are useful to establish successful relationships, get a better understanding of market specifics, trends, and developments, and to assist in the resolution of any early problems.
- Finding a Commercial Agent
The Manufacturer' Agents' Association
Setting Up a Commercial Unit
- Where to Be Vigilant
- It should be considered especially with a long-term view.
- Different Possible Forms of Settlement
- A Branch Office
- A branch is a considered division of a foreign company trading in Ireland that has the appearance of permanency, a separate management structure, and the ability to negotiate contracts with third parties, and reasonable financial independence.
- A Company
- The most basic form of company is the sole proprietorship. There are few legal formalities or costs associated with this form of business, which appeals to small enterprises.
- Evolution of the Sector
- The sector has experienced steady growth in recent years as the number of international franchise systems operating in Ireland continues to grow and indigenous franchise operations continue to expand both in Ireland and overseas. There are few regulations concerning franchising. The EU Regulation 4087/88 EEC provides a unified code for the 27 member states: price fixing, transfer pricing, non-competition clauses and exclusive dealing, exempts certain franchise agreements from the EU anti-trust regulations.
- Some Big Franchises
O'Brien's , Sandwich Bars
Centra , food
MACE , food
Statoil , gas station
- For Further Information
Irish franchise association
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Sales Representative in Ireland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Irish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: