Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Ireland
Accounting (0) , Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax (1) , Corporate Tax (0) , International Tax Treaties (0) , Personal Tax (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Nature of the Tax
- VAT: Valued Added Tax
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
- A 0% rate applies to goods such as basic foodstuffs, children clothing and children footwear and oral medicines. A 13.5% rate applies to goods and services such as catering, new houses, construction services, solid fuelsfuel and certain newspapers. VAT is charged on assets and services in Ireland as well as on imports into Ireland. A special rate of 4.8% applies principally to the sale of livestock.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- Export, health and medical services, children's clothing, insurance and banking services, food, agricultural fertilizers.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- The minimum turnover for registering with the VAT authorities is EUR 37,500 (for services) and EUR 75,000 (for goods). VAT returns are made once every two months. In certain cases, it is possible to make a return once a year.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Excise duties apply in Ireland. For more information on excise duties, consult the
Irish Tax and Customs Website.
Stamp duty of 1%-9%.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Read more See less
Find the related Irish companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
International VAT Compliance,