Corporate Tax in Ireland
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Corporate tax is charged on the company’s profits. It includes both income and chargeable gains. The corporation tax in Ireland is quite low, and is often cited as an example of tax competition, as it is used as an incentive for foreign companies to invest in the Irish Republic.
On rules for non-resident individual.
|Corporate tax rate||12.5%|
|Corporate tax applied to companies keeping certain conditions back in 1998||10% (the tax is being phased out)|
|Corporate tax is imposed on passive income (rent, investments...)||25%|
|For more information||Ireland Tax Office|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
A company resident in Ireland for tax purposes is subject to corporation tax on its worldwide income. With some exceptions, a company incorporated in Ireland is automatically considered to be Irish tax resident. A company is also considered to be Irish tax resident if it is managed and controlled in Ireland.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Capital gains are taxed to the rate of 12.5%.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
Offset of losses, transaction between affiliated parties, financing costs, bad costs, depreciation expenses.
Consult the list of Irish tax deductions.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Stamp duties; Carbon tax at a rate of EUR15 per tonne; Withholding Tax
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||9.0||14.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||76.0||199.3||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||26.5||43.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Ireland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Irish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: