Trade Disputes in Ireland
- Dublin International Arbitration Center: Arbitration is a well-established method of dispute resolution in Ireland. A modern legal framework -the UNCITRAL Model Law - is in place. Judges and the legal profession have considerable familiarity with the choice of arbitration as an alternative to litigation.
- Arbitration Law
- Arbitration has long been supported in Irish law, through legislation and by the judiciary. The Irish legal profession holds a rich repository of international commercial legal and business expertise.
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
Party to the Geneva Protocol on Arbitration Clauses.
Party to the Geneva Convention of the Execution of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
- Arbitration Procedure
- A certified copy of the whole of the document containing the arbitration clause;
- the names, addresses, solicitors and references of all the parties involved;
- an outline of the nature of the dispute;
- the names of any persons who are debarred from acting as arbitrator;
- an estimate of the amount involved in the case;
- where proceedings have already been commenced in the courts, evidence that they have been stayed to enable the reference to arbitration to proceed;
- evidence that all pre-conditions to the appointment as may be detailed in the arbitration agreement have been satisfied.
- Permanent Arbitration Bodies
Dublin International Arbitration Centre (Sectors Covered: International Arbitration)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in Ireland!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Irish companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: