Contracts in Israel
The Active Population in Figures
|Labor Force (Annual Growth, %)||-|
|Rate of Activity (%)||-|
|Unemployment Rate (%)|
Labor report 2006
|Employed Persons, by Occupation (% of Total Labor Force)||2006|
|Manufacturing (extraction and industry)||15.7%|
|Electricity and water supply||0.7%|
|Construction (building and civil engineering projects)||5.3%|
|Wholesale and retail trade, and repairs||13.2%|
|Services for housing and restaurants||4.8%|
|Transport, storage and communications||6.7%|
|Bank,insurance and other financial institutions||3.4%|
|Health, Welfare and social assistance services||10.3%|
|Community, social, personal and other services||5.0%|
|Services for households by domestic personnel||1.8%|
Bureau of statistics
Management of Human Resources
- Type of Contract
- The employment contract is drawn up through legal provisions and to a lesser extent through collective agreements. The employment contract can be written or oral. It can be for indefinite, definite or temporary duration.
- Breach of Contracts
- The retirement generally takes place at 60 years for women and 67 years for men.
- Dismissal does not have to be justified in Israel. However, there are limits as for example the case of a pregnant woman who has reported her pregnancy or the period which directly follows her return to work.
- Other Possible Methods
- Labor Laws
Labor Law on the website of the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor
- Social Dialogue and Involvement of Social Partners
- Most of the unions belong to Histadrut (General Federation of Labor in Israel), or to a much smaller rival federation, the Histadrut Haovdim Haleumit (the National Labor Federation). Negotiations are carried out at the national and sectoral level.
- Unionization Rate
- Unionisation rate in percentage of the labor market population in Israel : 23% in 2004.
- Regulation Bodies
Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Contracts in Israel!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: