Reaching the Consumer in Israel
- Growing Sectors
- Electronic components, telecommunications, computerization, high-tech products, medicines, agro-foods, banking and insurance.
- Consumer Behavior
- Israelis are sensitive to advertising and brand image. They like quality and are thus ready to pay a higher price but the price should remain reasonable. Price is thus an important factor in the purchase decision of Israeli consumers. The after-sales service and warranties are necessary, since the Israeli consumer considers that a product without warranty is not a genuine product.
- Consumer Profile and Purchasing Power
- Israeli consumers like new products. Israeli legislation promotes national products.
- Consumer Recourse to Credit
- Israeli households live beyond their resources because of recourse to credit. It is common for Israelis to pay for their purchases by credit card over several installments or to give post-dated checks.
- Consumers Associations
Israel Consumer Council
Media in Which to Advertise
In Israel, television advertising is an efficient tool to reach the consumer.
IBA (Israël Broadcasting Authority)
IETV (Israël Educational TV)
Keshet Broadcasting Ltd
Israelis read a tremendous amount of written press.
The Jerusalem Post
Both Radio and television advertising are the best means of advertising in Israel and thus reach maximum consumers.
List of all the radio stations in Israel
- New Technologies (E-Marketing, SMS, etc.)
In Israel,online advertising is used a lot and is highly effective. Since more and more people use their mobiles, SMS or MMS are means of fast communication.
- Main Advertising Agencies
Main Principles of Advertising Regulations
- Advertising for alcoholic beverages is banned during the time slots for children programs.
- Advertising for tobacco (cigarettes and cigars) is highly restricted.
- Advertising of medicines in the media other than professional or scientific is prohibited, except if authorised by the Health Ministry;.
- Other Rules
- Israeli legislation bans carrying out any advertising which incites the minors.
- Use of Foreign Languages in Advertisement
- Organizations Regulating Advertising
Isreali Broadcasting Authority (IBA)
Second Israeli Authority for Television and Radio
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Reaching the Consumer in Israel!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: