Corporate Tax in Israel
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- The resident companies are taxed on their total income, while the non-resident companies are taxed on incomes from activities in Israel.
|Corporate tax for certain foreign companies investing in Israel, particularly in the tourism and industry sectors.||Reduced rates from 0% to 24%|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Foreign companies are taxed as national companies except if they are involve in fundings in industries and tourism.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- The standard rate is 25%
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Deduction are granted when the company invests in scientific research in the fields of industry, agriculture, transport or energy. A deduction is possible at the time of investments in oil companies. For additional information, consult the Deloitte Tax Guide.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- Access the 2010 Deloitte Tax Guide on Israel.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Israel||Middle East & North Africa||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||33.0||21.6||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||235.0||194.1||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||31.7||32.8||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Accounting and tax, IsraelDOV WEINSTEIN & CO. CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS (ISR) WAS FOUNDED IN 1988, OUR MAIN AREAS OF EXPERTISE ARE;...