Dining in Israel
- Categories of Restaurant
- Traditional restaurants
- Cuisine of the Mediterranean basin. Many vegetarian dishes offered as well.
- Fast food
- Hamburgers, pizza, etc.
- Foreign cuisine restaurants
- Local diners or large restaurants of Chinese, Japanese, Italian , American cuisine, etc.
- Kosher restaurants
- Dishes prepared according to the Jewish tradition.
- Rules For Eating Out
- Lunch is generally served between 11:00 hours and 14:00 hours and dinner from 17:00 hours to 22:00 hours. This varies from one establishment to another, but it is generally customary to pay the bill directly at the cashier (fast-food), after the meals for the others. It is customary to leave a tip. The service is not included in the rate.
|Economy Meal||15 - 50 ILS|
|Medium Price Meal||70 - 100 ILS|
|Good Quality Meal||120 - 250 ILS|
- Food Specialties
Israeli cuisine is very similar to the Middle East cuisine; it is also partly inspired by the Central European cuisine. The dishes are generally quite spicy.
Baba ghannoui eggplant caviar: eggplant puree in lime juice. Generally served in a plate or in a Ravier spread with small chopped onion and finely cut parsley as starter with pita bread.
Taratour: sesame sauce. Taratour is generally served with baked fish, vegetables pan fried vegetables. It is essential in preparation of chickpeas purée (hummus) or eggplant (baba ghannoui).
Other typical dishes are: Thina (sesame purée), Falafel (fried chickpea balls), Shewarma (meat of turkey, calf or mutton in a pita).
- The beverages widely consumed in Israel are cola, beer, fruit juices and wine.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Pork is prohibited and the food should be kosher.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Israel!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: