Employees in Italy
- Opening Hours
- Legal Weekly Duration
- 40 hours.
- Maximum Duration
- 10 hours a day and 52 hours a week.
- Night Hours
- From 10 pm to 5 am.
- Working Rest Day
- One or two days a week.
- Paid Annual Vacation
- The minimum is one week a year; but it depends on the type of contract and responsibilities.
- Retirement Age
- 65 with a minimum of 25 years' contributions.
- Child Labor and Minimum Age For Employment
- Informal Labor Market
- Undeclared work is increasing. In 2007, a rise of 44% was registered from 2006's figures. The unofficial economy in Italy represents 14 million EUR and about 2,951 irregular workers.
The Cost of Labor
- Minimum Wage
- There is no legal minimum wage.
- Average Wage
- About EUR 1,100/1,200 per month. It is one of the lowest in Europe.
Social Security Costs
Contributions Paid By the Employer: 30 %
Contributions Paid By the Employee: 10%
- Competent Organization
National Institute of Social Providence
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Employees in Italy!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Italian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: