Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Italy
Accounting (0) , Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax (1) , Corporate Tax (0) , International Tax Treaties (0) , Personal Tax (0)
Overview by Globlatrade.net:
- Nature of the Tax
- IVA (Imposta sul Valore Aggiunto)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
- There are reduced rates of VAT of 4% and 10% on basic products.
A rate of 10% is applied to some foodstuffs, live animals, some fuel supplies, catering, transport and housing.
A rate of 4% is applied to some foodstuffs, imports of agricultural products, medical supplies, books and magazines.
- Exclusion From Taxation
- In Resolution No. 75/E, the Revenue Agency has provided clarification of the VAT exemptions applicable to supplies of services intended to realise any of the productive processes concerned in management of a common investment fund. Indeed, Financial, insurance and medical services are exempt from VAT. Exports are not subject to VAT.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- IVA is charged on assets and services in Italy as well as on imports into Italy. Registration is necessary. Every year, the Italians have to make their "dichiarazione dei redditi" (income declaration) for the previous year based on their estate and their revenue. The document must be sent in by May 31 at the latest.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Other taxes are determined at the national or local level such as taxes on tobacco, petrol, alcohol, oil, etc.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Find the related Italian companies with Kompass:
Support for your business
Contact our expert contributor
International VAT Compliance,