Corporate Tax in Italy
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- Resident companies are taxed on the basis of their global revenue. Non-resident companies are taxed on the basis of their income earned in Italy.
|Corporate tax (IRES - Imposta sul Reddito delle Societa)||27.5%
The calculation is different for banks, insurance companies and other financial intermediaries.
|Companies are also liable to the IRAP (regional tax on productive activities)||3.9%
10% of IRAP can be deducted for IRES purposes.
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Foreign companies do not pay the local tax (IRAP).
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Capital gains are generally treated as ordinary income and taxed at the 27.5% corporate income tax rate.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Research expenses. Royalties on intellectual property such as patents and trademarks. Expenses for advertising and entertainments. For additional information, consult the Deloitte Tax Guide.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- The Municipal Tax is levied on real estate property.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||15.0||14.2||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||285.0||199.3||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||68.6||43.0||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Italy!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Italian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: