Trade Disputes in Italy
- This is a procedure provided for in the Civil Code which allows disputes to be settled by reaching a solution (lodo arbitrale) which can have the same value as a sentence of the first order.
- Arbitration Law
- Arbitration is governed by the Civil Procedure Code (artt. 806-840).
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
Party to the Geneva Protocol on Arbitration Clauses.
Party to the Geneva Convention of the Execution of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
- Arbitrators may be chosen by the parties or appointed by the Arbitration Council.
- Arbitration Procedure
After hearing the parties, the arbitrators decide on a sentence which cannot be contested except in the explicit case of false evidence.
- Permanent Arbitration Bodies
Venice Chamber of Arbitration (Sectors Covered: International Trade)
Milan Chamber of Arbitration (Sectors Covered: Civil and commercial controversies)
European Court of Arbitration (Strasbourg) (Sectors Covered: International controversies)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in Italy!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Find the related Italian companies with Kompass:
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: