Setting up a Business in Japan
Legal Forms of Companies
|Types of Companies and Capital (Max/Min)||Number of Partners/Shareholders and Liability||Registration Fees|
| Kabushiki Kaisha (KK), Public limited company.
|| No minimum since the reform of the Commercial Code .
||0,7% of the capital with a minimum of YEN 150,000.|
| Yugen Kaisha , Limited liability company
|| 50 shareholders maximum
| Goshi Kaisha, Limited partnership
|| No minimum
2 types of partners: active partners and sleeping partners.
Limited to the amount of capital contributed for the sleeping partners .
| Gomei Kaisha, General partnership.
|| 2 partners minimum
- Enterprises Federation
Japan Small and Medium Enterprise Management Consultants Association (J-SMECA)
Small and Medium Enterprise Information of Japan
Tokyo Metropolitan Small Business Promotion Agency
- Search a Company or a Financial Report
Japan Company Info
Business Setup Procedures
- Administrative Formalities
- The administrative formalities depend on the structure created (branch office, subsidiary company or limited liability partnership). Click here to find the appropriate procedures to follow.
- The Competent Organization
- The administrative formalities must be carried out at the bureau of legal affairs of the Ministry of Justice.
- Time Necessary for Registration
- About 1 month for the opening of a branch office and 2 months for the creation of a company.
- The insolvency of a company does not lead immediately to bankruptcy or liquidation. Recovery procedures are different according to the type of company.
For further information, click here.
- Minimum Debt-to-Capital Ratio Triggering Liquidation
- Bankruptcy Laws
The law on bankruptcy (Hasan Ho)
The law on special liquidation (Tokubetsu Seisan) which depend on the Commercial Code.
- Reorganization and Rehabilitation Laws
Compulsory composition (Kyosei Wagi) under Bancruptcy law. It makes it possible to have recourse to an agreement between creditors.
Civil rehabilitation (Minji Saisei) under Civil Rehabilitation law
Company Rehabilitation (Kaisha Seiri) under Commercial Code
Corporate Reorganization law (Kaisha Kosei Ho), law n°172 of 1952
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
If you are really thinking of successful business today please do not start developing your product, firm or business first on what you can only immediately earn alone.
Inspired Multi Dimensional Services Ltd on 7 Jun 2014 related to Setting up a Business in Japan
Multi Service, Sales, Supply, Sourcing, Trade , Nigeria