Supply Chain in Japan
Exports from Japan are not subject to any restrictions.
« Export permission » and « Export approval » are necessary but they only concern goods internationally recognized as being subject to such restrictions (weapons, nuclear energy, missiles, etc.).
Restrictions on rice have been lifted.
- Export Taxes
No tax is levied on exports.
Exports are also exempt from consumption tax.
- Export Clearance
Before the export declaration, in principle, goods to be exported must be brought into the hozei area. The hozei area is the place designated by the Ministry of Finance and approved by the Director-General of the Customs as an area to place cargoes arriving from overseas.
The exporter of goods or the customhouse broker delegated by the exporter declares the export to the Customs having jurisdiction over the hozei area where the goods to be exported are brought into.
This declaration is accompanied by supporting documents such as invoices and, if required, by other documents, i.e. permits, approvals or licenses.
The Japanese Customs website explains how to fill in the export declaration form.
When an exporter exports the same type of goods on a regular basis, export procedures can be expedited by using the Comprehensive Prior Examination System, in advance. The Japanese Customs website explains the conditions in which it can apply.
- Necessary Declaration
1. Code, number, name, quantity and price of goods;
2. Destination of cargo and name or appellation and address or place of residence of consignor;
3. Name and registration number of the carrier (vessel or aircraft) of the cargo;
4. Location of the storage of goods
5. Other items as a reference
Controlling the Quality of the Products
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Supply Chain in Japan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: