Trade Disputes in Japan
- Recognized under Japanese law as a legitimate method for settling disputes, used specifically in the field of international transactions
- Arbitration Law
- Law N°138 of 2003, modeled on the UNICITRAL Model law on international Commercial Arbitration
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
Party to the Geneva Protocol on Arbitration Clauses.
Party to the Geneva Convention of the Execution of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
- Free determination of the number (minimum three) and the method of appointment by the parties.
- Arbitration Procedure
After hearing the parties, the arbitrator makes an award.
No appeal is allowed against an award except if it has been made on false evidence. In this case, it can be annulled by the law.
- Permanent Arbitration Bodies
Japan Shipping Exchange (Sectors Covered: Maritime disputes)
Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (Sectors Covered: International transactions)
National Committee of the International Chamber of commerce ( ICC) (Sectors Covered: International transactions)
Japan Intellectual Property Arbitration Center (Sectors Covered: Disputes involving intellectual property and resolution procedures for “.jp” domain names)
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in Japan!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: