Business Practices in Lebanon
- The Fundamental Principles of Business Culture
Lebanese are rather formal in their professional behaviour but may tell a joke in the middle of a meeting.
The Muslims can sometimes not shake hands with persons of the opposite sex.
- First Contact
- It is better to phone, Lebanese not always being at ease with the use of Internet.
- Handshakes are longer in Lebanon than in European countries.
- How to Present Yourself
- If somebody is introduced with a title, address to them with the title.
- Business Relations
- It is common to get on well with your colleagues or business partners and to meet them outside work hours.
- It is common to make presents in Lebanon. If you are invited by Muslims, it is advised to give the present to the man rather the woman.
- Business Communication
- Very straight contact. Lebanese are very franc and look their interlocutor straight in the eye.
- Dress Code
Quite formal. Dark suit.
Sober clothing for women.
- Visiting Cards
- Business cards are given out with no particular protocol.
- For Further Information
Canadian agrifood export service.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Business Practices in Lebanon!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: