Contracts in Lebanon
The Active Population in Figures
|Labor Force (Annual Growth, %)||-|
|Rate of Activity (%)||90.3|
|Unemployment Rate (%)||9.7|
World Travel Guide
Management of Human Resources
- Type of Contract
- Employment contracts are regulated by law. Individual negotiations complement it. Any company with more than 15 employees must send a copy of its rules and regulations to the Ministry of Labor. There are fixed-term contracts, open-ended contracts and internship contracts governed by the Lebanese legislation set up in 1946 and its subsequent amendments.
- Cases of Dispute
- Judges conciliation board:
- Disputes resulting from setting the minimum wage;
- Disputes resulting from accidents at work;
- Disputes resulting from dismissals, breach of contract, fines and, generally speaking, disputes between employers and employees resulting from the application of prescriptions of the present law.
For more information, consult the Labor code on the Ilo.org
- Legal Framework
- Employment Act on Ilo.org
- Creation of an arbritation court which will take a decision.
For more information, consult the Employment Act on Ilo.org.
- Social Dialogue and Involvement of Social Partners
- The main union in Lebanon is the CGTL (General Confederation of Lebanese Workers)
- Unionization Rate
Website of the General Confederation of Lebanese Workers (only in Arabic).
- Regulation Bodies
Lebanese Ministry of Labor
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Contracts in Lebanon!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: