Corporate Tax in Lebanon
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- For more information consult the Ministry of Finance.
|Corporate income tax||15% on income from profits.|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
- Foreign companies are liable to the same income tax as Lebanese companies in respect of their profits realised in Lebanon.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Gains on the sale of fixed assets are principally taxed at a rate of 10%. However, gains, or a proportionate part thereof, are exempt of tax where the proceeds are invested in the construction of flats for company staff.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- Since 2003, local or foreign firms who set up business in disadvantaged areas or in certain sectors (agrifood, agriculture and IT), under certain conditions concerning the amount invested, number of jobs, and economic, environmental and technological impact, can benefit from total or partial exemptions.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- There are different sorts of extra taxes: stamp duty on contracts and bills, forming, propagation or transformation of companies, tax on advertising, registration tax on real estate. A municipal tax is also levied. It is calculated annually on the basis of the rental value of the buildings. The rate is 7% for companies, to which 1.5% must be added for the maintenance of the sewerage system and roads. The total amount must be equal to LBP 50,000 at least. Finally, a professional tax has just been set up. It applies to capital companies, partnerships, individual companies, commercial activities and the liberal professions. Access the Investment and development authority of Lebanon website for additional information.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Lebanon||Middle East & North Africa||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||19.0||21.6||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||180.0||194.1||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||30.2||32.8||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Lebanon!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: