Trade Disputes in Lebanon
The Lebanese Centre of Arbitration was established on may the 8th,1995 in narrow connection with the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture.
Lebanese generally prefer amicable settlements to avoid damaging business. Lebanese jurists are still reluctant to the use of arbitration which remains underestimated in the country. However if a party asks for the resolution of a dispute, a court will be formed and deliberate while respecting the Lebanese Civil Code of Conduct.
Consult the various steps of arbitration on Worldwide Legal Directories.
- Arbitration Law
- In 2006 Lebanon signed a Dispute Settlement Protocol with the European Union allowing settlement before going to court via mediation.
- Conformity to International Commercial Arbitration Rules
Party to the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards.
- Appointment of Arbitrators
Arbitrators are summoned by odd numbers.
For information on arbitration procedures consult the Global Arbitration Review.
- Arbitration Procedure
- Consult the different steps of arbitration on Worldwide Legal Directories.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Trade Disputes in Lebanon!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: