Dining in Lebanon
- Categories of Restaurant
- Shops or Street Restaurants
- Many Falafel stands, cheap and traditional
- Fast Food
- Mezze and food chains such as pizza, fast food
- Classic restaurants
- Table service. generaly traditional cuisine such as mezze, grilled meat and fish.
- Smart restaurants
- European cuisine.
- Rules For Eating Out
- The bill is settled after the meal expect in fast foods and shops.
|Economy Meal||Less than 5 EUR|
|Medium Price Meal||5-15 EUR|
|Good Quality Meal||15 EUR plus|
- Food Specialties
Lebanese cuisine is one of the most renowned in the world. The specials are mezze with tabbouleh (a chopped parsley salad with bulghur wheat, tomatoes and onions), baba ghannouj (eggplant puree often decorated with pomegranate seeds), hummus (chick pea puree with sesame oil), kibbeh (fresh mutton or veal meat, beaten with bulghur wheat, seasoned and served raw, fried or grilled)...
Other Lebanese specials are stuffed vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, vine leaves).
Lebanese cakes are delicious and very sweet. Most famous is osmaliyeh, it looks like vermicelli stuffed with creamy cheese and topped with syrop.
- Coffee is an integral part of Lebanese hospitality. Wine production in Lebanon goes back to Phoenician times. The three most famous great wines are: Ksara, Musar and Kefraya. Finally, Arak, an alcohol and distilled grape based drink with aniseed from Damas.
- Dietary Restrictions
- Culinary restrictions vary with the religion of each community.
- Table Manners
- Wait until you are invited to sit down;
- Taste all the dishes on the table.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Lebanon!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: