Immigration in Malaysia
Passport and Visa Requirements
- Passport and Visa Service
Visa requirements of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- For Further Information
Taxes and Restrictions On Persons When Going Through Customs
- Taxation On Persons
- Airport tax 5 RM and 40 RM on departure, on domestic and international flights respectively.
- 225g of tobacco or 220 cigarettes maximum are allowed.
- Maximum 1 liter of alcoholic drink is allowed.
- No specific measures.
- Foreign Currency
For a permanent resident: no import restrictions; a maximum equivalent to 10 000 RM in traveler's cheques and currency for export.
For a non resident: no import restrictions; maximum export of the equivalent of the currency and traveler's cheques imported.
- Obligatory Declaration of Foreign Currency
- All passengers must declare the amount of foreign currency and local currency in their possession when they arrive and when they leave Malaysia, by completing the passenger declaration form. A detailed declaration is needed if the amount of currency, traveler's cheques included, is over the equivalent of 2 500 USD.
- Local Currency
- Maximum import and export of 1 000 RM in currency and traveler's cheques.
- Obligatory Declaration of Local Currency
- All travelers must declare the amount of foreign currency and local currency in their possession when they arrive and when they leave Malaysia, by completing the passenger declaration form. Non residents must make a detailed declaration of the Ringgits in their possession when they enter or leave the country, if the amount is over 1 000 RM.
- How to Refund Consumption Tax
- There is no VAT.
- Other Requirements
- Visit the Traveler's Guide on the website of the Royal Malaysian Customs Office for other restrictions.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Immigration in Malaysia!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: