Sourcing in Malaysia
- Type of Production
- The manufacturing industry (31.6% of GDP, WTO 2004) has long been the driving force behind growth. Electronics (semi-conductors, electronic equipment and telecommunications equipment) is the leading manufacturing activity, followed by the production of audio-video equipment, and office equipment. The manufacturing sector represents more than 80% of exports. Exporting industries, especially for electronic and electrical products, chemicals, and plastic and wood products, represent more than 70% of the index of manufacturing production. The manufacturing sector oriented towards the domestic market, which represents about 28% of the industry, includes mainly the manufacturing of metal products, products linked to building, foodstuffs and transport equipment. The mining industry (7% of GDP, WTO 2004) exploits tin, oil, copper, iron ore, natural gas and bauxite.
- Manufacturers Associations of the Main Industries
Malaysian Plastics Manufacturers Association
Malaysian Textile Manufacturers Association
Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia
Type of Manufacturers
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Malaysia is a top ranking supplier of original equipment, concerning products with a high technological content. For example, TFT Technology Group is a leader in the manufacturing of audio visual products for IT and electronics, Tractors Manufacturing and Assembly is an international leader in heavy equipment ....
- Original Design Manufacturers
- Especially in the electronics sector, industry is evolving from the OEM concept towards that of ODM, which shows it is looking for production with greater added value.
- Recourse to subcontracting is made possible because there is a considerable, well qualified workforce, but competition from the Chinese is strong.
- Useful Resources
Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers
Public - Private Group for High Technology
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
Southeast Asia is one of the key production hubs of wooden furniture,with experienced manufacturers spread across Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia,Thailand and the Philippines.
Global Sources on 5 Apr 2010 related to Sourcing in Malaysia
Chemical fertilizer: harmful toxin, spoil soil quality and increase farmers’ cost. YC Organic Liquid Bio-Fertilizer: replacement for chemical fertilizer, healthy, cut down production cost, higher earnings and yield
ExpBloom Organic on 25 Jun 2010 related to Sourcing in Malaysia
Brief Introduction to The Renewable Act 2011
Azmi & Associates on 7 May 2012 related to Sourcing in Malaysia
Organic Bio-Fertilizer, Malaysia
Facilitates trade with China, China