Communications in Malaysia
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- The Chinese speak Cantonese, Hakka and Hokkien. Most Indians speak Tamil. English is an inter-ethnic link, especially in the middle classes. The Dayaks use many dialects.
- Business Language
- Getting Some Knowledge
- An introduction to Malay is available here.
- Free Translation Tools
E-pedoman : Free English-Malay-English translator of texts and web pages.
Userpage : English-Malay free dictionary.
- Quality of Communications
- Means of communication are good in urban areas, but telephone and Internet cover is uncertain in rural areas.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Malaysia, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Malaysia, Dial +60
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- The number of digits varies according to the region: 10 or 9 (including the 0 prefix)
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- GSM, GPRS, 3G
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- Maxis, DiGi, Celcom
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
When working in multicultural teams in Malaysia our cultural differences can impact our work relationships and project success.
GTP - Global Training Partners Singapore on 18 Feb 2014 related to Communications in Malaysia
Cross Cultural Intercultural Training Singapore