Investment Incentives in Mexico
Incentives or guarantees
- Privileged geographical sectors
The fiscal incentives have been eliminated in light of fiscal reforms. In spite of this, the Mexican states compete strongly to attract foreign investments by developing programs to draw industries that allow:
- Reduced prices to purchase real estate.
- Training programs for employees.
- Reductions in payment of taxes.
- Privileged Geographical Zones
- There are two free trade zones in San Luis Potosi. The "maquiladora" (assembly factories) zone as well as the bonded warehouses and bonded zones (in customs) which are free trading posts to perform activities such as manufacturing, repairing, distribution and sales of merchandise.
- Country Risk
Tax incentives offered to foreign investors
- Special tax treatments
An effective tax rate of 19% applies to taxpayers involved in certain specific activities such as imports and exports, agriculture and transportation.
R&D incentive is granted as "cash-back" of a percentage of eligible expenses, depending on the program, type of entity and type of project. The R&D incentive can represent between 22% and 90% of eligible R&D expenses paid by a Mexican company, depending on the category and form of participation.
For more information you can contact the Fomento Economico Sureste de Coahuila, A.C., the Industrial Development Commission of Mexicali, ProMexico and the Secretaría de Promoción Económica del Estado de Jalisco - SEPROE.
- Useful Links
National Bank of Foreign Trade
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Investment Incentives in Mexico!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: