Immigration in Mexico
Passport and Visa Requirements
- Passport and Visa Service
Visas for foreigners
- For Further Information
List of Mexican Embassies
Taxes and Restrictions On Persons When Going Through Customs
- Taxation On Persons
- 20 packs of cigarettes, 25 cigars or 200 grams of tobacco.
- Up to three litres of alcoholic beverages and up to six litres of wine.
- Foreign Currency
- It is not illegal to carry money in cash or in documents as long as it is declared.
- Obligatory Declaration of Foreign Currency
- If the amount exceeds 10,000 USD, it has to be declared to avoid an administrative sanction.
- Local Currency
- It is not illegal to carry money in cash or in documents, as long as it is declared.
- Obligatory Declaration of Local Currency
- If the amount exceeds 10,000 USD in its equivalent of Mexican pesos, it has to be declared.
- How to Refund Consumption Tax
A tax refund can be requested if one has spent a minimum of 1,200 MXP in Mexico.
The refund can be done at the airports of Mexico City, Cancun, Guadalajara, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta.
For more information, consult: Ministry of Tributary Administration
- Other Requirements
- Animals, medicines and agricultural products are subject to be declared as well as firearms, professional equipment, samples and any other goods besides thir personal luggage. Consult Passenger Customs Information.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Immigration in Mexico!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: