Dining in Mexico
- Categories of Restaurant
- Also known as "inexpensive cuisine" they offer, for a reasonable price, a three course meal: a soup is usually served as a starter, a side dish (rice or pasta) and a stew follows. Dessert is complimentary. They also sell regional typical dishes.
- It is a place where the famous "tacos" and other snacks are sold. In general they are open until late hours and, for a reasonable price, one can eat very well.
- Fast Food Restaurants
- Due to American influence, it is very easy to find hamburgers, pizzas and other fast food meals.
- Typical Food Restaurants
- These restaurants propose real Mexican cuisine which usually has a very complex elaboration. Their menus may propose specialties from all over the country or just from a specified region.
- International Restaurants
- There are also international restaurants, such as French, Italian, Japanese, etc.
- Rules For Eating Out
- A tip of 15% is suggested, unless the service was dreadful.
|Economy Meal||50 - 100 MXN|
|Medium Price Meal||100 - 300 MXN|
|Good Quality Meal||More than 300 MXN|
- Food Specialties
Recognized all over the world for its cultural wealth and its flavor blending, Mexican cuisine varies as much as the ingredients that compose it.
Some typical dishes are:
-Guacamole: mashed avocados with tomatoes, onions, and chili peppers.
-Mole poblano: chicken and rice covered with a sauce prepared with a variety of peppers and chocolate.
-Tamales: Corn flour with chicken or vegetables, cooked inside plantain or corn leaves.
Typical Mexican alcoholic drinks are tequila, mescal and pulque.
Mexicans usually accompany their meals with a beer or a "flavored water", based on fruit juice concentrates.
- Dietary Restrictions
- There are no dietary restrictions in the country.
- Table Manners
- In Mexico the basis of all relationships is the respect and gratitude not only to their table companions but also to the restaurant personnel. If you are invited to a home, thank your host and make compliments to the hostess for the meal served.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Dining in Mexico!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: