Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Morocco
- Nature of the Tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Standard Rate
- Reduced Tax Rate
There are three reduced rates of 7%, 10% and 14% according to the products and services concerned.
Basic food products, books and newspapers, certain loans and financial instruments are exempt from VAT.
- Exclusion From Taxation
There are 2 categories:
- exemption with credit applies to exports, as well as agricultural and fishing materials and equipment;
- exemption without credit applies to basic foodstuffs, newspapers as well as international transport services.
- Method of Calculation, Declaration and Settlement
- Tax is calculated on the net sale price.The VAT is levied on all goods and services (with few exceptions) and on import transactions.
- Other Consumption Taxes
- Domestic consumption taxes on alcohol, tobacco, sugar, oil products etc.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Consumption/VAT/Sales Tax in Morocco!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: