Corporate Tax in Morocco
- Tax Base For Resident and Foreign Companies
- VAT refund for nonresidents is possible under certain conditions. Access the Ministry of Economy and Finance website on fiscal issues.
|Rate applying to leasing companies and credit institutions||37%|
|Possibility opened to Building and Public Works enterprises or Engineering enterprises||8% of their contract amount|
- Tax Rate For Foreign Companies
Foreign companies are subject to Moroccan Income Tax if they are in Morocco.
Under certain conditions, they can choose an alternative tax of 8% of their contract amount.
- Capital Gains Taxation
- Long term capital gains are taxed in Morocco at the rate of 30%.
- Main Allowable Deductions and Tax Credit
- There are many deduction possibilities. For more information go to Invest in Morocco website Investments Management.
- Other Corporate Taxes
- A 6% registration duty and a 1% real estate tax is levied at the time a real estate is purchased.
A 3% registration duty is imposed on the sale of shares in non-listed companies.
Country Comparison For Corporate Taxation
|Morocco||Middle East & North Africa||United States||Germany|
|Number of Payments of Taxes per Year||28.0||21.6||11.0||16.0|
|Time Taken For Administrative Formalities (Hours)||358.0||194.1||187.0||215.0|
|Total Share of Taxes (% of Profit)||41.7||32.8||46.8||48.2|
Source: Doing Business
Note: *The Greater the Index, the More Transparent the Conditions of Transactions. **The Greater the Index, the More the Manager is Personally Responsible. *** The Greater the Index, the Easier it Will Be For Shareholders to Take Legal Action. **** The Greater the Index, the Higher the Level of Investor Protection.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Corporate Tax in Morocco!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: