Communications in Morocco
- Official Language
- Other Languages Spoken
- 60% of the population speak Moroccan Arabic while 30% to 40% speak the Berber of the early Egyptians. Moreover, it is important to note that French is the second language of Morocco and occupies a very important place in public life. Finally, Spanish is also spoken in the north of the country. Berber is widespread and English is mainly used by Moroccans who have studied abroad (mainly in the United States).
- Business Language
- French is used with Arabic for administration.
- Getting Some Knowledge
- Speak Moroccan and Learn Moroccan Arabic - method to learn Moroccan dialectal Arabic - French/Arabic vocabulary Babel Project - French/Arabic/Amazighe vocabulary
- Free Translation Tools
Arjeeb : Dictionary and translation online
Ectaco : Online dictionary
- Quality of Communications
Numerous telephone shops offer local and international calls at reasonable prices.
Mobile telephone network covers the majority of the territory (excepting mountainous areas) and seems practical even if the calls are expensive.
- Telephone Codes
To Make a Call From Morocco, Dial 00
To Make a Call to in Morocco, Dial +212 + 6 for mobile phones or 212 + 5 for fix phones.
- Number of Digits of National Telephone Numbers
- 9 digits
- Mobile Telephone Standards
- National Mobile Phone Operators
- There are 3 operators who by order of importance are: Maroc Telecom, Meditel and Wana
Availability of Internet
- Internet Suffix
- National Internet Access Providers
- There are more than 500 service providers, but only 2 access providers: Maroc Télécom through its subsidiary company Ménara and Wana.
- Access in Public Places
- Wifi has developed rapidly and is already present in certain cafés, bars, restaurants and reading centers of big cities.
- Access in Hotels
- Wifi is available in certain big hotels as well as in certain riads.
Any Comments About This Content? Report It to Us.
No content has been posted to this folder yet.
Be the first to feature your expertise related to Communications in Morocco!
- Post any content you may have that features your expertise, such as a text article with business tips, presentation, market report, etc
- By sharing your knowledge you gain more visibility for your profile not only on GlobalTrade.net but across the web
Post your content now by simply clicking on the button below.
Check these folders already populated with content posted by other users:
Click here to find out more about key benefits and instructions for contributing to the site.
Post any content you may have that features your expertise and offers valuable information to the international trade community.
The more informative content you post the more visible your will be, as your valuable content will link directly to your profile.
Check these sample pages for illustration: